Visit the closest hot springs to Creel, located just 22kms outside of town. Some hiking is required to reach the bottom of Tararecua Canyon, but it is all worth it once you dip into the 7 different pools to relax.
You’ll be picked up at your hotel in Creel or at The 3 Amigos offices to begin your tour at the designated time. You’ll be driven approximately 22kms to the top of Tararecua Canyon where your driver will park and let you out so you can begin your peaceful 3kms self-guided hike to the bottom of the canyon.
The cobblestone, switchback road to the bottom is easy to traverse and you’ll enjoy amazing views of the canyon as you walk along. The average person takes from 45 minutes to one hour to walk to the bottom.
Once at the bottom, you’ll find 7 different man-made pools awaiting you as well as bathrooms and a changing room.
When you are ready to depart, you’ll walk back up the canyon to meet your driver at the top.
Once you arrive at the top, your driver will be waiting for you to transport you back to Creel where he’ll drop you at The 3 Amigos office or at your Creel hotel.
Duration: 6-8 hours – Private
Start location: Creel, Chihuahua
End location: Creel, Chihuahua
• Clean, well maintained and private vehicle
• Professional, local, private guide
• Cold water
* 16% Mexican taxes
• Any personal items
• Travel Insurance
• Raramuri toll booth fees to access springs. Please include this Add-On choice at time of booking if you’d like to include this.
* Optional ride back up the mountain in a Raramuri Indian driven Side by Side vehicle. Separate cost of about $60 pesos per person paid directly to the Indians. This Side by Side transfer from the Indians is not always available so don’t count on it, but rather know you’ll need to hike back up.
• Wear comfortable walking shoes
• We recommend you bring a box lunch with you. You can include this as an Add-On at time of check out.
• Bring small change or small bills so you can purchase hand-made crafts and souvenirs from the Raramuri people.
• Please bring sunblock and a hat as you will be above 7,000 feet and one burns easily this high up
• Dress in layers for the different climate zones.
* There is a changing room and bathrooms at the pools
• Please see our Cancellation Policy before booking.
The 3 Amigos does not include Travel Insurance on any of its day tours or renals and assumes no financial responsibility for personal injury, emergency evacuation or equipment that has been lost or damaged in anyway. However, we have partnered with WorldNomads.com, a Travel Insurance provider to keep you traveling safely. Click on one of the links below to go straight to the World Nomads website, or just look to your right in the sidebar to see where you can get an instant quote.
It is the full responisibility of the trip participant to purchase and provide his/her own trip insurance at a level that makes him/her feel comfortable. If you are concerned about having to cancel your tour, we strongly suggest you purchase trip cancelation insurance to cover your vacation investment.
WorldNomads.com travel insurance is designed for adventurous travellers, with cover for emergency overseas medical assistance and evacuation if you’re in an accident or seriously injured while participating in a range of adventure sports and activities.
Exactly which adventures they will and won’t cover varies, depending on your country of permanent residence. Check their A to Z guide to adventure, to make sure all of activities you’re planning to do on your trip are covered.
Be aware, participation in any professional sports or any activity where you purposefully put your life at risk are generally excluded and, depending on your country of permanent residence, there may be restrictions or upgrades on coverage for certain activities.
Do read the fine print in the policy description of cover carefully, to make sure the travel insurance is right for you and you understand what you’re covered for (and not). Contact WorldNomads.com if you have specific questions about their adventure sport coverage.