Visit Basaseachi Falls, and see the highest waterfall in Mexico. Located inside Candameña Canyon, the widest canyon in the Copper Canyon system, you will also enjoy some great hiking through spectacular wilderness if you so choose. This private tour stops at two overlooks; the traditional one with the view of the falls and the one directly on top of the waterfall to give you a different perspective of the canyon and falls. One can hike down either side of the canyon overlooks to the other side if one is so inclined, while your driver drives around to meet you on the other side.
Spend the day at the stunning Basaseachi Falls, the highest waterfall in Mexico (in competition for that title with Piedra Volada Falls, in the same canyon, but Baseasechi Falls has water year around whereas the other one doesn’t so therefore misses out on being a true waterfall on a technicality), located in the wild Candameña Canyon, within the Basaseachic National Park.
Following a hotel pick-up, or departure from The 3 Amigos office in central Creel, drive for approximately 2 hours to enter the park from the south side, where you will get amazing expansive views of the waterfall across the canyon.
From here, hike down a manicured trail to the 2 other overlooks of the falls (about one hour total time) then you can hike across the upper trail that will take you to the other side of the canyon (about one hour) , where you can see the canyon views from on top of the very waterfall.
Your driver will drive through the canyon to meet you at the top of the waterfall as you hike around. If you prefer not to hike, you can join the drive around the canyon, but be advised that some walking will be necessary for the final stretch from the parking lot to the top of the waterfall that is roughly 1km.
You can include a wholesome lunch with our Box Lunch to enjoy while hiking by choosing it as an Add-On at check out, or you can try one of the restaurants or food stalls at the top parking lot area of the waterfall.
You’ll be driven back to Creel and dropped at your hotel after the tour.
Duration: 10 hours – Private
Start location: Creel, Chihuahua
End location: Creel, Chihuahua
• Clean, well maintained and private vehicle
• Professional, local, private guide
• Cold water
* 16% Mexican tax
• Any personal items
• Travel Insurance
• Tips to drivers, guides or service personell
• National Park entrance fees paid directly to the park. Please include this Add-On choice at time of booking if you’d like to include this with your advance payment, or bring along pesos if you prefer to pay directly at the park. .
• Box Lunch Please include this Add-On choice at time of booking if you’d like to include this with your reservation (or you can purchase a hot meal at the waterfall overlook area if you prefer)
• Wear comfortable walking shoes
• We recommend you bring a bottle of water that can be refilled
• Bring small change or small bills so you can purchase hand-made crafts and souvenirs from the Raramuri people.
• Please bring sunblock and a hat as you will be above 7,000 feet and one burns easily this high up
• Please note that this private tour has a Base Price for 1-4 people. If you do not have 4 people in your traveling party, you will simply pay the base rate that is listed on the overview tab.
• Please see our Cancellation Policy before booking.
The 3 Amigos does not include Travel Insurance on any of its day tours or renals and assumes no financial responsibility for personal injury, emergency evacuation or equipment that has been lost or damaged in anyway. However, we have partnered with WorldNomads.com, a Travel Insurance provider to keep you traveling safely. Click on one of the links below to go straight to the World Nomads website, or just look to your right in the sidebar to see where you can get an instant quote.
It is the full responsibility of the trip participant to purchase and provide his/her own trip insurance at a level that makes him/her feel comfortable. If you are concerned about having to cancel your tour, we strongly suggest you purchase trip cancellation insurance to cover your vacation investment.
WorldNomads.com travel insurance is designed for adventurous travellers, with cover for emergency overseas medical assistance and evacuation if you’re in an accident or seriously injured while participating in a range of adventure sports and activities.
Exactly which adventures they will and won’t cover varies, depending on your country of permanent residence. Check their A to Z guide to adventure, to make sure all of activities you’re planning to do on your trip are covered.
Be aware, participation in any professional sports or any activity where you purposefully put your life at risk are generally excluded and, depending on your country of permanent residence, there may be restrictions or upgrades on coverage for certain activities.
Do read the fine print in the policy description of cover carefully, to make sure the travel insurance is right for you and you understand what you’re covered for (and not). Contact WorldNomads.com if you have specific questions about their adventure sport coverage.