Basaseachi Falls Private Tour
Flat Rate for 1-4 people: $319USD
Per person rate starting 5th person: $79.75USD
Visit Basaseachi Falls, and see the highest waterfall in Mexico. Located inside Candameña Canyon, the widest canyon in the Copper Canyon system, you will also enjoy some great hiking through spectacular wilderness if you so choose. This private tour stops at two overlooks; the traditional one with the view of the falls and the one directly on top of the waterfall to give you a different perspective of the canyon and falls. One can hike down either side of the canyon overlooks to the other side if one is so inclined, while your driver drives around to meet you on the other side.
Our Booking Button is being upgraded at this time and is not available. Please write to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a basket for you manually. Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Start location: Creel, Chihuahua
End location: Creel, Chihuahua
- See the highest waterfall in Mexico from 2 different vantage points
- Enjoy several hours of optional hiking in the Candameña Canyon, the widest canyon in the Copper Canyon system
- Swim at the bottom of the falls if you don’t mind the cold water
- Relax on the scenic drive to and from the Falls, with round-trip hotel transfers
This is one of our full day tours that allows you to enjoy seeing a beautiful, off the beaten path canyon, plus you can enjoy several hours of hiking along a variety of trails of different skill levels. If you prefer not to hike, that is okay as well and your guide will be happy to drive you to both overlooks instead. Please note that there is some walking required to get to the falls from the two different parking lots. See below.
Note: This tour requires one to be capable of walking 1 km from the 2nd parking area to the top of the waterfall and back again over a paved trail.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- We recommend you bring a bottle of water
- Bring small change or small bills so you can purchase hand-made crafts and souvenirs from the Raramuri people.
- Please bring sunblock and a hat as you will be above 7,000 feet and one burns easily this high up
- Please note that this private tour has a Flat Base Price for up to 4 people. This means you pay the same flat rate if you have 1,2,3 or 4 people in your traveling party. The per person pricing is used if you have 5 or more people in your traveling party.
- Please see our Cancellation Policy before booking.
- Clean, well maintained and private vehicle
- Professional, historian, private guide
- Ice chest filled with beverages
- Snack basket
- 16% Mexican tax
- Meals – Our Box Lunches are available as Add-Ons. Please include any of these lunches as an Add-On choice at time of booking if you’d like to include them. There is a small restaurant in the parking lot of the park, however, you will lose out on sightseeing time by utilizing it. It is ideal to order a box lunch to enjoy sitting on top of the falls with the canyon view for best experience.
- Any personal items
- Travel Insurance
- Tips to drivers, guides or service personnel
- National Park entrance fees paid directly to the park. Please include this Add-On choice at time of booking if you’d like to include this with your advance payment, or bring along pesos if you prefer to pay directly at the park.
Pickup from hotel
Please be ready and waiting in the reception area of your hotel for your guide. He will be there to meet you a few minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
8:15 - 11:00am
Scenic Drive to Canyon
You’ll be driven several hours north of Creel to the falls in Candamena Canyon. Enjoy the drive as you pass through many small villages and hamlets, entering further into the canyon, ending with wonderful canyon views during the last part of the drive.
First Overlook/Hiking Options
Our first stop is inside the National Park where you can see the falls from the front. Your guide will give you a choice of being driven to the next overlook parking area on top of the falls (some mandatory walking necessary from parking lot to top of falls) if you are a non-hiker, or if you love hiking, then you can choose to do a one hour easy hike along the rim of canyon to the other side, or there a more moderate hike to the mid section of the falls and up to the top on the other side. If you are feeling really adventurous, then you can also go from the mid section of the falls on that trail to the very bottom and have a swim in the icy waters if you so desire, then hike all the way up to the top on the other side.
2:00 - 3:30pm
Stop For Lunch
If you’ve elected to include one of our box lunches as an Add-On during your tour, your guide will have those ready for you at the top of the waterfall to enjoy after your hike. You can sit back near the rushing of the falls with it’s huge drop down the canyon and enjoy the expansive views while you dine.
Note: If you do not include a box lunch, then there is a restaurant with varying hours of operation that you can try in the parking lot area, however, please note that dining at the restaurant will take away valuable time from your enjoyment of the park. We highly recommend you include one of the box lunches we make available for your own best experience and comfort.
Scenic Return Drive To Creel
We’ll return to Creel the same way we came so you can enjoy the views from a different direction. Rest up after a good day of exercise in a gorgeous canyon, while your guide drives you safely back to your hotel.
Drop Off At Hotel
You’ll be dropped back at your hotel after a full day of canyon touring. Be sure to ask your guide about restaurant recommendations for dinner tonight, and be sure to check out our Face Book page in the next week or so as we’ll be posting your Basaseachi Falls day tours photos for you, your friends and family to enjoy!
Layers are always best and a light jacket or rain gear during the rainy season (July through Sept.) is also prudent. The weather can change abruptly here in the canyons at these altitudes so it is best to come prepared for a bit of everything.
If you plan to hike, do bring good hiking boots or shoes with plenty of traction as the some of the more advanced trails are steep.
Yes! This is our one full day tour that is all about the hike so bring your hiking boots and walking sticks as there are many different trails to choose from for all different skill levels.
Yes, there is a restaurant in the parking lot of the secondary overlook point, but it has varying hours and is sometimes closed unexpectedly. There are more restaurants in the town of Basaseachi, not far away, however, any time you use to visit a restaurant will take away from your total tour time and visit to this canyon so we do highly recommend you include one of the box lunches instead.
Our box lunch Add-Ons have all been specifically designed to fill you up and add a special touch to your tour that will make it more memorable. Most importantly it will save you valuable tour time so you can enjoy the canyon and waterfall longer.