CAN-AM Private Guided ATV Tour
Pricing is per ATV – each ATV holds 2 adults.
Enjoy a 3 hour, gentle outing through the most traveled areas in San Ignacio Valley through the valley of the mushrooms, frogs and monks to see the rock formations, a stop off at San Ignacio Mission (if open) and a stop off at Lake Arareko.
Please note: This tour is a slow, and gentle paced tour designed to allow you to enjoy the outdoors in a comfortable and serene manner. This is not an adventure ATV ride, nor is it based on speed.
Reviews 1 Review4/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Pick up location: Creel 3 Amigos Office
Drop off location: Creel 3 Amigos Office
- Visit the Valley of the Mushrooms, Frogs & Monks
- Visit Lake Arareko
- Drive the ‘cadillac’ of ATV’s, the CAN AM brand with hydraulic steering and independent suspension
- Feel the wind in your hair and smell the pine trees as you glide gently through the San Ignacio Valley
SPECS & FEATURES:
- Rotax 450 engine
- Torsional trailing arm independent (TTI) rear suspension
- Double A-arm front suspension
- Tri-mode dynamic power steering (DPS)
- 12 inch cast-aluminum wheels with 25 inch tires
- Continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- 4.5 gallon (20.5 liter) fuel tank
- 10.5 inch ground clearance
- 214-mm disc brakes
- 59 inch wheel base
- Selectable 2WD or 4WD with auto locking front differential
- Wear comfortable clothing that dries quickly in case of rain, and shoes that are closed
- We recommend you bring your camera for photos
- Bring small change or small bills so you can purchase hand-made crafts
- Please bring sunblock, sunglasses, and a hat as you will be above 7,000 feet and will burn easily
- Payment in full is required at time of booking
- You must sign a liability waiver release and contract to go on this tour
- You must provide your passport as a deposit on the equipment while you are using it
- There is no insurance on this equipment. We do not charge for scratches, but we do charge you directly for any damage to the equipment while you are driving it.
- Please see our Cancellation Policy before booking.
- A CAN-AM ATV with correct and proper seating for up to two people (the only 2-seaters in the canyons)
- Local Spanish speaking guide (English speaking guide available at times, but cannot be guaranteed)
- Rain ponchos available during rainy season
- Bottle of water
- Raramuri toll booth fees
- Any personal items
Arrive Creel Office
Please be at our Creel The 3 Amigos offices no later than 9:30am as we’ll require half an hour before the tour to show you our safety video, and you’ll need to fill out the contract and leave your passport as a deposit on the equipment while you are using it. We’ll also need a few minutes to give you the equipment operating instructions.
10:00am - 1pm
Enjoy the Tour!
As soon as you have your helmet, googles and gloves on and have heard the equipment operation instructions, you’ll set off on your guided CAN AM ATV tour. You’ll visit the Valley of the Mushrooms, Frogs, San Ignacio Mission first, then make your way across the wide open plains, dotted with trees, to the Valley of the Monks. The Monks Valley is the really coolest part of the tour and you’ll be given some time to do a bit of self-guided hiking there among the huge, monolithic rock formations.
Afterwards, you’ll drive through the forest to Lake Arareko. Enjoy the views of the lake from above for great photos. Your return to Creel will depend on time of year, how much time is left, and who is guiding you. All our different guides have their own favorite routes to return by.
We recommend long sleeves and sunblock on all your bits not covered to avoid sunburn. Shorts or pants are fine and we recommend some shoes with traction to do a bit hiking in the Valley of the Monks area.
No, alcoholic beverages are not permitted on this tour, nor should you ever drink and drive anywhere, at anytime. If you seem like you have been drinking, you will not be permitted to do the tour and no refunds will be given.
Yes, that is correct. All our CAN AM ATV’s are actual 2-seaters and since pricing is per ATV, 2 people can ride for the same, great, low price that is published here on the site.