4 Canyons & More Private Tour
Flat Rate for 1-4 people: $319USD
Per person rate starting 5th person: $79.75USD
Enjoy 10 hours of private touring in the Copper Canyon Region. This day tour is all about the numerous and amazing canyon views. It drives through the middle of Basihuare, Humira, Copper Canyons, and into a portion of Batopilas Canyon so you get various views of 4 different canyons. We’ll also stop off at the bottom of Copper Canyon, and there will be various photography stops throughout the day to take in the different canyon views. You’ll also visit Cusarare Waterfall and mission at some point today along the way.
Our Booking Button is being upgraded at this time and is not available. Please write to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a basket for you manually. Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Reviews 2 Reviews3/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Start location: Creel, Chihuahua
End location: Creel, Chihuahua
- Go the distance today and enjoy excellent views of Batopilas Canyon
- Drive through the middle of Basihuare, Humira and the Copper Canyon
- Time permitting, you may be able to hike around the beautiful Cusarare Waterfall
- See the Rarámuri Indians in various traditional settings
- Enjoy a healthy picnic at a beautiful lookout point, complete with table and chairs as an optional Add-In on this tour
- Time permitting, you may be able to enjoy picturesque views of unique Lake Arareko
- Time permitting, you may be able to visit Cusarare Mission – built by the Jesuits in the 18th century
This is an excellent full-day tour that lets you explore an enormous part of the Copper Canyon system in just one day. We’ll take you into the bottom of the Copper Canyon and out the other side to see some amazing views of the far away Batopilas Canyon, as well as Humira, and Basihuare Canyons. We’ll go through several different climate zones today from the upper sierra where pine and oak forests abound, through the deciduous forest of the middle lands so be sure to wear layers of clothing.
Note: This tour requires one to be capable of walking 500 meters from the parking area to the waterfall and back again over uneven trails and going up and down several sets of man-made stairs along the trail.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- We recommend you bring a bottle of water
- Bring small change or small bills so you can purchase hand-made crafts and souvenirs from the Raramuri people.
- Please bring sunblock and a hat as you will be above 7,000 feet and one burns easily this high up
- Please note that this private tour has a Flat Base Price for up to 4 people. This means you pay the same flat rate if you have 1,2,3 or 4 people in your traveling party. The per person pricing is used if you have 5 or more people in your traveling party.
- Please see our Cancellation Policy before booking.
- Clean, well maintained and private vehicle
- Professional, historian & private guide
- Ice chest filled with beverages
- Snack basket
- 16% Mexican tax
- Meals – Our Perfect Picnic and Box Lunches are available as Add-Ons. Please include any of these lunches as an Add-On choice at time of booking if you’d like to include them.
- Any personal items
- Travel Insurance
- Raramuri toll booth fees that are paid directly to the Indians. Please include this Add-On choice at time of booking if you’d like to include this.
Pickup from hotel
Please be ready and waiting in the reception area of your hotel for your guide. He will be there to meet you a few minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
8:15 - 2:00pm
Drive Through 4 Canyons
We’ll start the day by driving to the farthest point on the tour to see the overlook of Batopilas Canyon. During the drive, we’ll pass through Basihuare, Humira and Copper Canyons, pausing at overlooks and for photographs as we go along. We’ll be descending from over 7,500 feet to the very bottom of the Copper Canyon and passing through pine forest into deciduous forest. It will get warmer as we descend so do wear layers for best comfort.
2:00pm - 3:30pm
Stop For Lunch
If you’ve included the Perfect Picnic, or one of the box lunches today as an Add-On during your tour, your guide will stop to set up your lunch for you at a nice overlook, or perhaps near a river or stream. Enjoy an immersive experience as you dine in the outdoors in Amigo Style.
3:30pm - 5:30pm
As we make our way back towards Creel after a day of viewing canyons, we’ll stop off at the Cusarare Waterfall where you can do a bit of walking to the falls for some exercise.
Lake Arareko is about 5 miles (8 km) outside of Creel and means “horseshoe” in the Rarármuri language. This lovely lake was originally man-made to be used as a reservoir for Creel. It is used now mainly for paddle boat rides, fishing and weekend cook-outs by the locals. We’ll stop here as well if we make it back before sunset.
Drop off at hotel
You’ll be dropped back at your hotel after a full day of canyon touring. Be sure to ask your guide about restaurant recommendations, and be sure to check out our Face Book page in the next week or so as we’ll be posting your 4 Canyons & More day tours photos for you and your friends and family to enjoy!
We will be passing through several different climate zones today on the tour, so it is ideal to wear layers so you will be most comfortable in all the different zones. If you are visiting during the rainy season; July through September, please be sure to bring rain gear.
This tour is mainly about seeing as many canyons in one day as possible so there will not be a lot of time for hiking. Your guide will try to give you some time to do a bit of hiking in the Cusarare Waterfall area, if time permits. If you are looking for a full day tour that includes ample hiking, we recommend you choose the Basaseachi Falls tour instead.
No, because you will be in the remote canyon regions, you will not find anywhere to purchase food. Be sure to include one of our picnic Add-Ons for your own convenience, or bring along something to eat on your own if you prefer it.
However, please note that our picnic Add-Ons have all been specifically designed to fill you up and add a special touch to your tour that will make it more memorable.